NEW Nordica Astral 84 Skis-158cm 2019 txqmgj2781-Skis
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Does Not Apply
Does not apply
Why Donate with Stanford Blood Center?
SBC is a community blood center that connects local donors to local patients through blood donation.
With our state-of-the art labs and world-class leadership, we are advancing research through support and innovation, while providing fellowship and residency opportunities to train the medical leaders of tomorrow.
At Stanford Blood Center, we love our donors! Through mobile blood drives, education and partnerships, we connect our community, celebrating our dedicated blood donors and encouraging first time donors to become real-life heroes.
Blood donors are life savers!
Have you ever wondered, “Where does my blood go? Am I really making an impact? Who am I helping?” To remind you how much your blood donation matters, we like to share stories of local patients who have been helped by Stanford Blood Center donors.
Mohan Mahal — A Change of Heart
Manmohan (Mohan) Mahal thought he had found the meaning of life after achieving success in his high-stress job here in Silicon Valley.
HEMOBLOGIN: THE SBC BLOG
Sniffling, coughing and fevers. That’s right folks, flu season is upon us. And unfortunately, flu season also means more canceled appointments for blood donation due to sickness.
Blood Donation: How it Works
Before your appointment:
- Alpinestars Men's Stella Drop 2 Short Sleeve Jersey, Ocean white, Large -
- Cascade Mountain Tech 100% Carbon Fiber Folding Trekking Poles with Cork Grips &
- E-Bike 24V 27.2Ah Batterie Vélo Electrique Tour De Suisse IUVO Infineum
- Fishing chair bag Outdoor mountaineering trekking camping
- Iwatani Cassette grill Slim 74mm CB-AS-1
- Mens Tactical Pants,XL,Inseam 32 TRU-SPEC 1323
- New Balance WW1400v1 Waterproof Hiking Stability Boot ADA Approved--New in Box--
- Polo Shirt Short sleeve t-shirt Bike Bike logo pers. SIXS WHITE POL S
- Shimano TL-BB13 Press-Fit BB Removal Tool
- TACTICAL RESPONSE SHIRT MTC ARID
- VEST NALINI ACQUARIA VEST black Size L
- Gomexus Conventional Reel Saltwater Trolling Fishing Offshore 2 Speed 70Lbs 30W
- KastKing Emergence Fly Fishing Combo - 4 Piece Graphite Fly Fishing Rod, Pre-Loa
- METAL EDGE,Cross CountrY PKG,Whitetail, NNNBC 160cm Ski Bind Boot PoleW FITTING
- Offerta Aigle Stivali di GOMMA Parcours 2 Vario - Fodera in Jersey - brown
- RARE Vintage Handy Pak Net Unique Folding Collapsible Net Made in CENTRALIA, PA
- Ryobi Slam front drag spinning moulinet a tambour fixe
- SHIMANO TREVALA F BUTTERFLY JIGGING CASTING ROD TFC58H BRAND NEW
- TNT HEEL TEAM ROPING ROPE BY CACTUS ROPES
- Vintage Lowrance Fish Finder Lo-K-Tor LFP-300 Locator UNTESTED Green
- 2019 - POW Trench GTX Gore Mittens - Snowboard Ski - Wing Teal - Small
- Always be sure to drink plenty of water before donating blood!
- Eat an iron-rich meal. Eating enough iron is essential to ensuring that your hemoglobin level is right for donating. You can check out some Nordica Womens Mens Unisex Snow Skiing Ski Boots.
- Bring your donor ID. If you have a donor ID, be sure to bring it with you to your appointment. First time donors or returning donors without a donor ID card should bring a valid state-issued photo identification.
Avoid alcohol and fatty foods for 24 hours, and aspirin (if donating platelets) for 48 hours before your donation.
The Donation Process
Congratulations, you made an appointment to donate blood and save lives! So what happens now? There are four basic steps to every blood donation:
- Medical History
- Rest & Refreshments
After your blood donation:
Avoid alcoholic beverages and vigorous exercise for at least 24 hours after donating, and be sure to keep that bandage on for a few hours!
Please call our post-donation callback line at (650) 725-9968 immediately if you:
- feel that your blood should not be given to a patient;
- are not sure that your blood is safe
Where does my blood go?
Learn about the life of blood through a new donor’s eye.
It’s my first time donating blood. I walk into Stanford Blood Center (SBC) and I don’t know what to expect.