Casco 3r mips mate gloss black m 55-59 BS158M BELL bici fucsia súper txiiyj4503-Helmets
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Why Donate with Stanford Blood Center?
SBC is a community blood center that connects local donors to local patients through blood donation.
With our state-of-the art labs and world-class leadership, we are advancing research through support and innovation, while providing fellowship and residency opportunities to train the medical leaders of tomorrow.
At Stanford Blood Center, we love our donors! Through mobile blood drives, education and partnerships, we connect our community, celebrating our dedicated blood donors and encouraging first time donors to become real-life heroes.
Blood donors are life savers!
Have you ever wondered, “Where does my blood go? Am I really making an impact? Who am I helping?” To remind you how much your blood donation matters, we like to share stories of local patients who have been helped by Stanford Blood Center donors.
Mohan Mahal — A Change of Heart
Manmohan (Mohan) Mahal thought he had found the meaning of life after achieving success in his high-stress job here in Silicon Valley.
HEMOBLOGIN: THE SBC BLOG
Sniffling, coughing and fevers. That’s right folks, flu season is upon us. And unfortunately, flu season also means more canceled appointments for blood donation due to sickness.
Blood Donation: How it Works
Before your appointment:
- Coleman Elite Montana 8-Person Dome Tent with LED Light
- Avian-X Laydown Hen Turkey Decoy
- Club Ride Damsel Cham Inner shorts Women's WIS301 purple L
- E-Bike 36V 11.6Ah Batterie Pedelec Down Tube Exodus Liqfeel LUNA Junto Easybike
- Freeflow Botella De Agua De Acero Inoxidable Con Aislamiento Autoseal, Pizar...
- Green Stripe Men Cycling Jersey Bicycle Clothing Set Short Sleeve Bike Bib Pant
- Maglia Ciclismo TEAM PEUGEOT CICLI Microdot Lycra Raro Vintage
- New Yoshigai ENE F R Road Touring 32H Hubs Shimano 11S From Japan Free Shipping
- PASSION FRANCE Alpin Bone, laguiole, Made in France
- Sea to Summit Comfort Deluxe Self Inflating Mat
- Tactical Polo,Multicam,3XL,38 L TRU-SPEC 2541
- VEST DOTOUT COMBO WIND VEST FLUORESCENT YELLOW greySize M
- Golight LED Stryker Searchlight W Wireless Handheld Permanent Mount White 30004
- Kinder Reithose Vollbesatz Thea, pink, Pfiff 102290 , Gr. 134
- Minn Kota Ulterra Mega Down Imaging i-Pilot GPS 72” 112lb 36v Trolling Motor 1
- Always be sure to drink plenty of water before donating blood!
- Eat an iron-rich meal. Eating enough iron is essential to ensuring that your hemoglobin level is right for donating. You can check out some Castrelli - Performance Cycling Grey Jersey Top - Size L - RRP = .00.
- Bring your donor ID. If you have a donor ID, be sure to bring it with you to your appointment. First time donors or returning donors without a donor ID card should bring a valid state-issued photo identification.
Avoid alcohol and fatty foods for 24 hours, and aspirin (if donating platelets) for 48 hours before your donation.
The Donation Process
Congratulations, you made an appointment to donate blood and save lives! So what happens now? There are four basic steps to every blood donation:
- Medical History
- Rest & Refreshments
After your blood donation:
Avoid alcoholic beverages and vigorous exercise for at least 24 hours after donating, and be sure to keep that bandage on for a few hours!
Please call our post-donation callback line at (650) 725-9968 immediately if you:
- feel that your blood should not be given to a patient;
- are not sure that your blood is safe
Where does my blood go?
Learn about the life of blood through a new donor’s eye.
It’s my first time donating blood. I walk into Stanford Blood Center (SBC) and I don’t know what to expect.